Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brittanya Michelle Daniels


As a person she is the complete opposite of who I am as a person right now in life. . .many will say she is who I used to be. Funny outgoing ambitious courageous. . .That is why I will always considered her my sister. Never as a whole we are like day & night in opposite sides of the spectrum. . .

When I first started with the whole illusion she was Michelle. Later she evolved into Kimberly who became more courageous Kiara. I then thought about what the named invoked and noticed she isn’t anything like me way to different. That’s when I tried a softer name ARIA. I was pretty happy with the name, but then I seen Brittanya. Now I’m not a big fan of naming people because of the person. Like naming myself Beyonce because I think it would make me more sicking. But Brittanya was different she had an edge, tattoos attitude but still a with feminine daminar.  So now with a name in place well first name that is I felt I needed a last name. I was in somewhat from jumping from gay mother to gay mother and I didn’t like how I was going about it. Until one day I thought that maybe I really don’t need a gay mother or someone’s last name. I felt like I can put myself together myself and keep this new persona up all by myself.

Now it took me so many first names I wondered how many last name I will go through. That will have to be a no no. while surfing MySpace I came across another drag who was actually using her [ male ] middle name as her last name. Hmm now my middle name is Daniel, Brittanya Daniel hhmmm not sure then both [ migguelii & Bri ] favorite drink is Jack Daniels why not just throw an S at the end. –dances. I was so close now I got my First and Last name now it wasn’t until recently that Michelle popped into my head. I love Brittanya but I also felt some attachment to the name Michelle so I thought well hey I am Dominican why not have a middle name also. So that’s how the birth of my drag alter ego came about Brittanya Michelle Daniels. People still make fun of me by saying I need to stick to my name because she has a couple of nick names. Her tag is BriAmore<3 which I got tattooed on the side of my RIGHT hand. Of course also just Bri or Ms. Daniels if your nasty =P

Now I know many people think it’s completely retarded how I separate Bri and migguelii. I really consider her my sister my gay kids call her auntie and all the what nots. I just truly feel she is my escape and when I’m her there’s never anything of migguelii there. She is the type to stop and think and still find a way to enjoy life. She’s relaxed and humble. Energetic and funny always up for new things. It’s almost how when I get drunk but when she comes out she never needs a drink to really enjoy her life.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know you were THE Brittanya Michelle Daniels! I've seen you. If I would have known, I would've said hi!

    This naming escapade seem to be a journey for you, and its good you are constantly redefining yourself. It proves that you are never contempt, which is a very good thing. Always room to grow!

    This was a great read! Hope more will come as well.

    Best,

    Sidney

    ReplyDelete